Electrical permits are required as outlined below:
Bar Harbor Town Code § 70-3
- Permits are required of any electrical equipment that is installed in, altered, or added to any building, structure or premises
- Permits are not required for minor repair work such as, but not limited to, the following:
- The replacement of fuses;
- The installation of additional outlets;
- The replacement of existing switches, sockets, outlets and lamps;
- Repairs to entrance service equipment; and
- Repairs or installation of radio and low-voltage equipment.
- Emergency work may be undertaken without first obtaining a permit. A permit must then be obtained as soon as is reasonably possible.
- No major deviation may be made from the installation described in the permit without the prior written approval of the Electrical Inspector.
Electrical Permit Application
2020 National Electrical Code (NFPA 70)