Elections - November
State of Maine General Election and Bar Harbor Special Town Meeting Election
November 8, 2022
Polling Place: Municipal Building Auditorium, 93 Cottage St, 3rd floor
Polling Hours: 8 am to 8 pm
Town Questions headed to the November 2022 Ballot
CITIZENS' PETITION LAND USE ORDINANCE AMENDMENT - Cruise Ship Disembarkations
- Town Council Public Hearing: July 19, 2022 at 7 p.m. in the Municipal Building Council Chambers
- Manager's memo page 5
- Certificate of Sufficiency page 40
- Sample petition pages 41-42
- Proposed ordinance amendment page 43
- Petitioners committee affadavit page 44
- Circulator affadavits pages 46-48
LAND USE ORDINANCE AMENDMENT - Removal of Two-thirds Majority Vote Requirement to Amend the Land Use Ordinance
This is a Town Council-requested amendment.
- Town Council Public Hearing: August 16, 2022 at 7 p.m. in the Municipal Building Council Chambers
- Draft order and background in the February 15, 2022 Town Council packet, pages 43-46
- Video of Planning Board Public Hearing January 5, 2022 and (continuation) February 2, 2022.
- *Anticipated* Town Council Public Hearing: August 16, 2022 at 7 p.m. in the Municipal Building Council Chambers
Ways to request an absentee ballot:
- Online using the State of Maine Absentee Ballot Request Service.
- By mail (voter may request for self only): and mail to Town Clerk's Office, 93 Cottage St, Bar Harbor, ME 04609.
- By phone (voter may request for self only). Call the Town Clerk's office at 207-288-4098.
- In person in the Town Clerk's office (voter may request for self and/or immediate family members).
Important Dates to Remember:
- Any voter registration applications submitted by mail must be received two weeks prior to election day. After that time, voter registration must be in person showing proof of identity and proof of residency.
- Last day to request an absentee ballot or to vote by absentee ballot in the presence of the clerk is Thursday, November 3.
- All absentee ballots must be received by close of polls, 8:00 p.m. Tuesday, November 8.
Election Materials (links when documents become available)