- A completed Building Permit Application form.
- Three copies of an approved HHE-200 Sub Surface Wastewater Disposal Form (If a Septic System is to be installed).
- Construction Drawings that comply with the requirements of the 2015 International Building Codes. Commercial buildings require a State Fire Marshal construction permit and a Maine State Architects or Engineers stamp on the drawings.
- Plumbing and Electrical permits must be obtained by a Master Licensed Tradesman. Homeowners may do the plumbing and electrical work in their own home after obtaining a permit; provided that they will be occupying the dwelling.
- All new construction must comply with the Bar Harbor Land Use Ordinances, Maine State Plumbing Code, National Electrical Code, and the 2015 International Building Codes.
- Permit Application
- Construction Guidelines
- International Code For Tiny Houses
- Egress Window Requirements
- Smoke Detector and Carbon Monoxide Detector Requirements
- Building Permit Report Sep 12, 2017 to June 11, 2018