Recording Business Names

Required by Maine Revised Statutes Annotated Title 31 Sec. 1 all partnerships and sole proprietors must record their name, doing business as, and type of business with the Town Clerk. If a partner or business dissolves, a withdrawal certificate must be filed. There is a recording fee of $10.

Partnership Forms
To request a Certificate for Partnership or Certificate for Withdrawal form, please contact the clerk's office at 207-288-4098 or by email.